I figured I should talk about beauty must haves before I dive in to all of the products I am dying to try. I have sensitive, acne prone skin so products with skin beneficial ingredients are a must. I love testing out new products but my makeup case will never be without these staples.
1) Buxom Lash in Blackest Black This little beauty is a Sephora exclusive and it is well worth braving the madness at MOA to get my hands on a tube. Paraben, fragrance and synthetics free this mascara is so volumizing there is no need to use a primer. It features an amazing, hourglass brush so you can reach even your tiniest lashes. I have never experienced any clumping or flaking issues even on a Friday night when I may use 5-6 coats.
2) Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer I have tried a dozen primers and this one comes the closest to what I feel a primer should do. A little bit goes a long way and it does give you a smooth canvas, feels a little thick going on and it is tinted but don’ t over do it and you will be fine. Definitely my favorite primer so far.
3) bareMinerals SPF 15 Original Foundation in Fair Yup- I use a powder foundation. I have loved it since I was 18 for so many reasons; it is effortless to apply, covers most anything, a perfect match for my skin tone and does not feel or smell like foundation. Not to mention great for my sensitive skin and doesn’t cause breakouts. Recently though it has been looking and feeling very cakey, as mentioned before I am seeking something new.
4) Benefit’ s Eye Bright The title says it all. Apply after primer and before shadow to make your eyes big and bright. Glides on smooth, stays all day.
5) bare Minerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer in Pearl My all time favorite eye primer. It is creamy and lightweight for a minimal look, I don’t apply shadow just sweep from lid to brow bone.
6) Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush It looks a bit scary, like a giant lipstick but it is sheer and flirty. Just a bit on the apples of your cheeks to brighten your face.
7) Stila Smudge Sticks Love these eyeliners in any color. The tones are rich and they don’t smudge unless you want them to.
8) Too Faced Brow Shaping Kit Everything you need for flawless brows in a cute box. My one complaint is that the colors are a little dark for me, definitely would like to try other brands.
9) Urban Decay Naked2 I could not survive without this pallet. So many combinations, love all of the shades.
10) Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Peroxide Is my favorite but I use others. I am incapable of wearing lipstick and not looking like The Joker by 5 o’ clock so I stick with balms and glosses. This particular one goes on smooth and is minty fresh.
I love me some Urban Decay but again I am always looking for ‘good for your skin’ products. Tarte carries quite a few of my favorites and their spring line looks amazing. I recently picked up their BB 12 Hour Primer, stay- tuned for an update. In the meantime, enjoy some of my fool- proof faves!