I think it goes without saying that there have been loads of awesome makeup releases this summer with even more to come (Urban Decay is releasing a new foundation…whaaaa…?!) and Tarte has released a couple of items that I have been especially keen to try. I purchased what new releases I could off the ULTA website so that I could use my coupon and one of the items was their new concealer. The Shape Tape Contour Concealer is currently available in 6 shades and retails for 24$ which is pretty standard for luxury brand concealers. This product claims to be vegan friendly and per usual is paraben free.
I only picked up fair as I don’t need any more contour products and intended to use this for dark circle and blemish cover up. Here are my initial thoughts, enjoy:
- The shade is actually a touch lighter than most of my other concealers and I feel this makes it more effective at covering ruddiness
- A little product goes a looooong way so fair warning
- Packaging is adorable
- Pleasantly scented, a tad botanical but nothing crazy
- Does not fade
- The applicator is enormous, in doing some research there is about .10 oz. more product than other similar concealers but it does make it hard to control the amount of product you are applying
- The doe foot does not bend, with the huge applicator this makes it even trickier to get into small creases
- Hard to blend, I didn’t find this concealer to be creamy or easy to blend and it is so drying that I didn’t need setting powder
- Shade is too pale, this never happens but could also be chalked up to just using too much
Obviously I am not thrilled with this concealer, it is on the heavier side and I am limiting my usage to areas of extreme redness. I think that the shade is what makes it especially hard to use, this is the lightest concealer that I have ever owned and probably should have ordered the next shade deeper. I do like the staying power and even though it is a tad drying I don’t find that it creases terribly. This makes it great for dark circles but I had to really be careful when applying so as not to apply too much. I needed to get my BB very damp in order to get this concealer to blend out, I think it would be great for anyone who is looking for a really strong H&C (not me).
I will still use this up, I just have to fine tune my application and see what happens! I honestly don’t know who I would recommend this for, maybe those with excessively oily skin – I have oily skin and this did not budge but again was a touch on the dry side.
Thanks for stopping by ❤