I am on a liquid lipstick quest apparently, to what end I have no idea. I have found several formulas that are amazing and I love wearing them and a few that are just, eh. I’ve said it once (or a million times) that tarte has been a brand of choice lately. I spent some points on 3 of their tarteist lip paints and now that I have worn them all am ready to share my first impressions!
- These lip paints are minty scented which is a nice departure from the cake/icing/saccharine scent that many matte lippies I have been trying have had. These scents aren’t unpleasant but I like my lip products to have refreshing scents and these smell lovely.
- Colour saturation is perfect, if I could apply lipstick perfectly on the first go then I would only need 1 swipe to get full, even colour.
- Dries down perfectly matte and lasts for hours, not all day but quite some time and no flaking!
- Feels good on the lips, very creamy and not like my lips are being shrink-wrapped.
- Wipes away clean with makeup remover, no stains!
- The applicator is odd, not angled at all – just a straight stick really.
- Shade range is limited, lots of pinks and reds but it looks as though there are some shades on their website that ULTA did not have.
The shades I picked up are:
Namaste: Dusty rose, not too pink and very easy to wear
Fomo: A pink toned berry
Manbun: A gorgeous, brick red
Overall these lip paints are very lovely with a durable yet easy to wear formula. I would like to see a few more shades in the range but am happy with the ones that I picked up.
Thanks for stopping by ❤