So almost there with catching up with all of these!! I will post my regular Sample Saturday today as well so stay tuned. I was nominated for this by Pamela from Starring Pamela, she is a Chicago/Milwaukee based lifestyle blogger. Two of my absolute favourite places, the mid-west has a lot to offer 🙂 So thank you to, Pamela for the nomination and lets get started!
- Where do you write for you blog, is it the same place all of the time or do you travel about when you write? I either sit at my desk or I push my chair in to a corner by a window to blog. I think that consistent surroundings help put me into a blogging mindset.
- What was your go-to talent for talent shows? Usually the violin, something from The Last of the Mohicans to make people cry. I was an unusual child.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Hmmmm…Scotland but I don’t know what the economy is like, I think I would just enjoy the climate.
- What’s you favourite musical? Probably Oklahoma but My Fair Lady and Chicago are close second choices.
- What was the last song that was stuck in your head? Don’t Stop Believing – it is literally, always on the radio.
- What was your favourite subject in school? Math, everything is perfect in math. There are no opinions, no grey areas, only 1 correct answer.
- How do you give back to your community? I work in the public sector, aren’t I always giving back? But really, I volunteer at the library, I read to children who are either differently abled or who just need tutoring, recently I have been participating in a heroine education outreach group to educate youth about addiction.
- What is one book that you’ve read recently that’s impacted you? Twilight – no, I’m kidding. Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes – that book is tragic and such a detailed account of the war. My dad served in Vietnam and while he rarely talked about it, I have always wanted to ask. After reading this book though, I guess I don’t want to know.
- If you were given the opportunity to start your own business right now, would you take it? If so, what would you do? If not, why not? NO! We have this miguided concept in our culture that the customer is always right and they aren’t, period. I once listened to a gal complain to a server that there was too much milk in her milkshake. I would have slapped it out of her hands and told her that the operative word is milk. Some people are bad customers, a good customer service interaction should be like building a relationship between two people – it requires 2 willing parties. Good customer service is not making someone take your shit because you are an entitled, rude person. I wouldn’t make any money because I would be telling people to piss off 😀
- What’s a piece of home decor that you’ve recently bought that you’re quite proud of? It’s not a recent purchase but look at this pouf, I love the lines and the colours. It doesn’t go with anything in the apartment but I am working on that.
- What is your dream vacation spot? Probably Switzerland in their snowiest season, I love snow. I love winter vacations too.
Again with the facts – there just isn’t a lot to tell 😀
- Last summer I had a migraine and should have known that I could not eat, but I did anyway and ate about 2 pounds of sushi. Then promptly yakked said sushi, I have not been able to eat it since! Which is sad, I really love(d) sushi.
- I am prone to migraines 😉
- I always thought that I was going to be a nun, I think that they are fascinating.
- I am allergic to chlorine, shower water gives me welts if the chlorine saturation is too high.
- I have two cats, they are torties – Neptune and Venus.
- My favourite food is tacos – but honestly, who doesn’t love tacos.
- It used to be spaghetti until – you guessed it, I yakked it and have not eaten it since.
- I was raised on goats’ milk, I have a dairy allergy. Maybe I should just list all of my allergies?
- I have an immune disorder (not AIDS, and not being rude, many people think that AIDS is the only immune disorder in existence. And that’s OK, it isn’t up to other people to feel responsible for my issue) and am allergic to lots of things, I am a real treat to have over for dinner. Don’t invite me to dinner.
- Though I grew up in Colorado, I didn’t become an avid snowboarder until I moved away and think that Utah actually has more to offer 😛
- I judge people who chew with their mouths open, it incites rage in me.
If you would like to participate, here are 11 questions for you:
- What is your favourite food?
- If you could have any person, deceased or living over for dinner – who would it be?
- What would you serve them for dinner?
- Have you been to Disneyland? Or would you want to go if you have not?
- What is your favourite kids’ movie to watch as an adult?
- What would be the first thing that you would do if you won the lottery?
- Cosmo or Vogue (or your fav magazine)?
- Heels or flats?
- Running or yoga?
- Do you put syrup on your pancakes?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Thanks again to, Pamela for the nomination and thanks for stopping by ❤
Follow me on the ‘Gram: QuiteSimplyStella